A reminder that Massachusetts boating law requires that life jackets be worn (not simply carried onboard) by everyone using canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards from September 15 through May 15.
The Annual Lake Boon Walkathon is coming up on Saturday, October 14. Come out and enjoy a 5-mile stroll around the lake with friends, family and neighbors. New historical and environmental posters enliven your walk and give you a glimpse into fun on the lake in bygone days.
Register starting at 11:30 am at the Pine Bluffs Town Beach picnic shelter. A $5 donation requested or buy an LBA t-shirt with donation included. Come out and enjoy the fall colors!
Videos of several recent Lake Boon events are now available on the Stow TV YouTube channel. Many thanks to the Stow TV crew for making these available, especially Lew Halprin.
The Lake Boon Commission will meet on Wednesday, September 13 starting at 7 p.m. at the Stow Town Building, 380 Great Road (Route 117), in Stow. The agenda is as follows:
- Public Comment
- Meeting Minutes
- Pay Bills; Vote to rescind earlier approved incorrect Solitude bill and re-authorize; other?
- Discussion: Begin discussion of Rules Revision Procedures
- Downed trees in Lake – initiate discussion for removal process
- Report requested from Det. Sgt. Saleese – LB Patrol hours/incidents
- Drawdown Prep & Next Steps for Order of Conditions
- Prep for other End of Season Tasks (boat, buoys, other?)
- Old Business – Action Items?
- New Business – next Agenda
- Date of next meeting
The Water Carnival sign that was hung at the Honey Pot Hill Orchard sign, corner of Sudbury, Whitman and Boon Roads has been missing for the last two weeks.
It was hand crafted and painted and the Lake Boon Association would love to have it returned.
Also missing for a number of months from Pat Sorn’s waterfront is a red Coleman canoe with aluminum structural tubing inside.
Finally a large black & white float was found and is now tied up at the Police boat dock in the first basin.
For more info or to claim anything reply to Dave Gray at grayscale [at] earthlink [dot] net.