A very visible green and brown algae bloom appeared in the north end of the first basin this morning 9/6 and was given a quick test. It showed positive results for cyanotoxins. Lake conditions are similar and may be producing similar algae blooms in other parts of the lake.
Small children and animals at high risk of ingesting lake water should be kept out of the water! Contact with the toxins can also cause skin rashes and other symptoms. See this bulletin on Harmful Algae Blooms for more information.