For those who missed the Lake Boon Association Annual Meeting Sunday evening, the recording is available thanks to Stow TV’s Jonathan Daisy and crew. You can watch it below.
It begins with the LBA business meeting, followed by the Healthy Lake Boon Project presentation starting at 36 minutes.
Among the project’s recommendations to improve the health of the lake are:
Limit surface runoff that carries nutrients
- Limit lawn fertilizers–no phosphorus
- Keep leaves and clippings out of lake
- Wash cars away from lake
- Pick up after pets
- Plant vegetative buffer
- Limit impervious surfaces
Maintain septic systems
- Pump about every two years
- Use no-phosphate dishwasher detergent
Stormwater management systems
- Review drains around lake
- Drain properly before water enters lake
If you have questions, leave a comment below.