References on Lake Boon History
Books are available from the Lake Boon Association, Arcadia Publishing and Amazon. The LBA benefits from direct sales.
1. AA History of Lake Boon: From Earliest Day to Present, 2021, Richard Gelpke, 277 pages plus 81-page pdf Appendix downloadable here.
2.AImages of America: Lake Boon, 1998, Arcadia Publishing, Lewis Halprin and Alan Katelle, 96 pages.
3.APostcard History Series: Lake Boon, 2005, Arcadia Publishing, Lewis Halprin and Alan Katelle, 128 pages.
4.APresentations by Richard Gelpke available on Stow TV YouTube channel
- Lake Boon History: Part 1, Early Glaciers,Lakes and Dams presented June 22, 2017 at the Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge
- Lake Boon History: Part 2, Murder, Merriment, and Monahans, 1850 to 1950, presented July 27, 2017 at the Stow Pompositticut Community Center
- Lake Boon History: Part 3, Then and Now / Modern Days, presented Sept 23, 2015 at the Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge
- “Evolution of the Lake Boon Community,” presented June 29, 2014 at the Stow West Schoolhouse Museum.